Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Best-Friend (Tina)

Today is a very special persons birthday, My best friend, Tina. She would of been 41 today, if she was still living. She passed away about 10yrs. ago. It was a drug over dose that killed her. She had a bad heart problem as well, and her heart gave out. I miss her so much. We have been friends since the 7th gr. She watched my younger son be born. She was the kind of person who would of gave you the shirt off her back.Way to young to be gone. I went to visit her grave and put flowers there. What a gift!! She left behind three children. The children all went to different foster homes. Her husband was a drunk and drug addict. He didn't want to get clean to take care of the kids. Her youngest will never know her, he was only 2yrs. old. Her daughter was 5yrs old and her oldest son was 11yrs old. What a shame to grow up with no mom and too be seperated from your siblings. Such a crying shame. No child should have to bare this. Her marriage was bad, he beat her up so bad and put her in the hospital. She wouldn't leave him. She was afraid of being alone raising 3children. Finally, one day she realized so deserved a better life and she starting going to church every Sunday and she would help out as much as she could at the church. She changed her life around so much. She went to meetings for her additions and problems. In the mean while she got a PFA on her husband, which removed him from the house. Then, she meet a guy at one of her meetings and she started to go down hill again. Welfare took the kids from her. They were in different foster homes. She couldn't deal with that. She would of done anything for those kids. Her bringing up in her younger years were a living hell. She never knew her real father until her mother was on her death bed. She found him and also a brother she never knew about. She always felt like she never belonged anywhere. All she want was love and a family. No matter how hard she fought for it, she just kept getting let down. I am so glad she got to know the lord, before she passed. She showed me how to pray. When she passed, her family didn't care enough to give her a proper funeral. They creamated her, I know she wanted to be buried next to her mother. Didn't Happen that way. I never got to say goodbye to her. She is always in my heart and I am so glad I got to know her. We had our moments, but when push came to shove, we were always there for each other. I love her and always will. I never forget about her. In my year book she signed it NEVER SAY GOOD BYE and that is just what happened. The night before her passing she called me on a cell phone and I couldn't hear her and we got disconnected, that was the only late moment I had with her. If only I new what she was saying, I might of be able to have helped her. I will never know. In my heart I know she is happy now and she finally found the love and family she deserves. She has earned her wings and watches over me. I feel very lucky to have had her for my best friend even if it was only for a short time. The lesson that I learned was life really is to short and you can't go back, so always remember to love yourself,god,your children and your life that you have, it's all for a reason. It's a journet that we must go through and it's not easy, but as long as you have jesus that's all you need. In loving memory of Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment